Saturday, December 17, 2022

Final Thoughts or How I Stopped

I am stopping blogging. That's fine since I am not a blogger. Blogging is not a part of my identity. It was just a fun thing to try out and now I am closing this chapter. However Christmas is coming and it is a great time to stop and reflect. So that is exactly what I did. I stopped to think about big things. In particular, about two sets of things:
  • Things that bring me forward
  • Things that bring me down
And so this what my final blog is about. I think those things apply to everyone, including you.

Things that bring you forward

Dreams and Goals

It's great to have dreams and goals. They are like guiding lights giving you direction and sense in what otherwise seems to be a completely frantic rat race. It's even better to write your dreams and goals down. It's a bold thing to do since chances are, you will not be able to fulfill all your goals. Writing them down makes the failure to reach a goal visible. Don't be afraid of that to happen! A person I highly respect told me recently: "DuĊĦan, you wouldn't believe how often successful people fail". So do not take a failed goal as a loss. Take it as an opportunity - to re-evaluate your goals, to understand why it did not work out for that particular goal and most importantly - never stop dreaming.

Love

Define love. I don't think I can. Love can have so many forms and so many flavors. All I can say is this: Love is another thing that gives us reason. It's love what gives you shelter when your dreams collapse and hope appears to be lost.

Sex

A plethora of good things happen in your body when you have sex. It's like exercise, only better. That's one reason I put sex here on this list. The other reason is that sex is still tabooized for no good reason. Nobody but celebrities appear to be talking about sex. That needs to change.

Good Habits

This is not my idea. Credits to James Clear and his Atomic Habits book. In a quintescence, a secret to sticking to a good habit is to make the habit desirable and easy to execute. In another words, remove all obstacles standing between you and your good habit. For instance, do you need to drive first to make that bike ride but your bike carrying car is always blocked by your other car? Rearrange your cars so that you can go straight away!

Things that bring you down

Bad Habits

Again not my idea, still borrowing from James Clear. The secret to breaking a bad habit is, guess what - make it hard to fall into a bad habit. For example, if you want to spend less time checking your phone, just put it out of your direct reach. Know your enemy - be aware what your bad habits are and try to avoid them as much as possible.

Not Challenging Yourself

Nothing is as constant as change. Responding to change is challenging. But instead of trying to avoid the challenge I think it's better to embrace it. Take the next bold step and see what happens.

On that note, I am closing my blog. Wishing all my readers a wonderful and sexy year 2023 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment